This ACPE-accredited knowledge-based online 1 hour course is designed by our experts in hematology/oncology to provide pharmacists an important introduction to oncologic emergencies and supportive care regardless of practice setting.
HOUR OF CONTINUING
The goal of this activity is to help pharmacists be prepared to recognize the signs and symptoms consistent with a diagnosis of an oncologic emergency.
Pharmacists and other healthcare professionals interested in oncologic emergencies and supportive care.
At the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize the signs and symptoms consistent with a diagnosis of an oncologic emergency.
- Summarize the risk factors associated with CINV, mucositis and oncologic emergencies.
- Identify the pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic, and pharmacogenomic considerations in the treatment of CINV, mucositis and oncologic emergencies.
- Define the monitoring parameters necessary for patients treated for oncologic emergencies and supportive care.
- Summarize patient education points related to the treatment of CINV, mucositis and oncologic emergencies.
Amir Ali, PharmD, BCOP
Hematology/Oncology Clinical Pharmacist Specialist
USC Norris Cancer Hospital
Adjunct Assistant Professor | USC Mann School of
Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences