Our Global Focus
As part of a truly global university—consistently among the top three U.S. institutions for international enrollments—the USC Alfred E. Mann School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences has engaged in academic and scientific exchange relationships with partners from around the world for more than 30 years. These collaborations extend throughout Asia, the European Union, Australia, South America and Africa.
Located in Los Angeles, the largest city in the western U.S. and an economic hub for the Pacific Rim, the school is uniquely positioned to cultivate a global presence. The school’s activities abroad include professional and graduate student exchange programs, faculty exchanges, joint scientific meetings and research collaborations, and clinical pharmacy and management-training programs with international colleagues.
Students from around the world come to USC Mann to pursue their studies. After graduating, they join the expansive worldwide network of USC alumni, the Trojan Family, which provides career opportunities to alumni wherever they might be.
The Office of Global Initiatives advances the strategic goals of USC Mann and the university, enhances the learning experience of our students and positions the school as a global leader.
- Integrate global perspectives into teaching, learning, service and research mission of school
- Develop strategic and multifaceted partnerships in diverse geographies
- Increase student participation in global experiences
- Attract future pharmacy leaders from around the world to USC programs
- Create an environment for international students and scholars to thrive
- Introduce innovative new models of international collaboration