Healthcare Decision Analysis is a certified STEM degree program by the USC Office of International Services (OIS), qualifying eligible graduates on student visas for an optional practical training (OPT) extension.
Please follow the steps below to submit your application.
Preparing to Apply
1. Choose your intended semester
2. Learn about USC’s English Language Requirement
- If your bachelor’s degree was earned in a non-English speaking country and you are not a US citizen or permanent resident, you need to submit scores from an official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or PTE (Pearson Test of English).
- We require that you have verification of the following scores within two years of your intended enrollment:
- An Internet Based TOEFL (iBT) score of 90 with no less than 20 on each sub-score; or
- An IELTS of 6.5 or above, with 6 or above on each band
- PTE (Pearson Test of English) Academic score of 61 or above, with 53 or above on each band
- If your native language is English or you hold a bachelor’s degree completed in its entirety in the United States or another Anglophone country you are exempt from this examination. If you have questions about program requirements, please contact Michelle Ton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. GRE/GMAT are not required
4. For International students, prepare Proof of Financial Support documentation. It is not required for intent to admit notification, but is required for formal admission and issuance of I-20.
5. Prepare supplemental materials:
This statement should succinctly describe:
- Your reasons for applying to the Healthcare Decision Analysis program
- Your preparation for this field of study
- Study interests
- Future career plans
- Other aspects of your background and interests which may aid the admissions committee in evaluating your aptitude and motivation for graduate study
Letters of Recommendation
Identify your recommenders: faculty or others (supervisors, professional colleagues, etc.) qualified to evaluate your potential graduate study.
Additional supplemental materials such as résumés/CVs may also be included.
Ready to Apply
1) Select “Create Account”
2) Under “Add Program” tab, select the following information:
- School: USC Mann School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Program Level: Master
- Department: Healthcare Decision Analysis
- Term: Select which semester you are applying for
- Delivery: On-Campus
3) Go to the “My Application” tab to fill out the Personal Information, Academic History, Supporting Information (optional), and Program Materials quadrants
4) Personal Statement
Upload a one-page personal statement; single-spaced, 12-point font, one-inch margins
5) Letters of Recommendation
- At least two letters of recommendation must accompany your application
- Recommenders must submit their letters through the USC Online Application System
- The recommender will receive notification from USC so that they can submit their letter of recommendation
- You are responsible for ensuring that your recommenders upload an accompanying letter of recommendation to the system
6) Resume/curriculum vitae
7) No GRE/GMAT test scores required
8) $90 application fee (mandatory)
- The HCDA program does not administer the online application system and cannot comment on and/or waive the fee
- Please direct your inquiry to ASK USC
Please contact us if you have questions or run into issues with the application process.
1) TOEFL, IELTS or PTE scores
- If applicable, request that the testing agency send TOEFL, IELTS or PTE scores to USC
- USC’s ETS Institution Code is 4852 or University of Southern California
- A program code is not necessary
We can process scanned copies of official, Registrar-issued transcripts submitted to Michelle Ton at email@example.com. Please use PDF or JPEG format only and ensure the file is less than 10 MB.
Mail official, sealed transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended (with official English translations if necessary) to the address below:
USC Schaeffer Center
635 Downey Way, Suite 312
Los Angeles, CA 90089-3333
- You may submit your official transcripts by either 1) asking your undergraduate and/or institution to send your transcripts directly to our office or, 2) obtaining the official transcripts in a sealed envelope from the university and send them to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- If you have not yet completed your undergraduate degree, submit transcripts for all semesters you have completed
- After you have completed your degree, you will need to submit your complete official transcripts
- For faster processing, include your 10-digit USC ID with your transcripts, and send to the address listed above
- We encourage you to submit official transcripts as soon as possible
IMPORTANT: Your application cannot be reviewed without official electronic test scores and official transcripts.
3) Submit the Proof of Financial Support documentation and a photocopy of the first two pages of your passport
International students recommended for admission are required to submit proof of sufficient financial support and passport verification in order to issue an I-20. While these documents are not required for your application to be reviewed, we highly recommend that you submit them as soon as possible.
For more information, please visit the USC Graduate Admission website. Enter Key Word Financial Documentation in Search function.
After You Apply
After your application package is complete, it is sent to a graduate committee for review. Once a decision is made, an official notification letter will be sent to you.
Note: All required application materials must be received by the respective application deadline to guarantee review for the intended semester.
If you have any questions about the application process, application status, or any general inquiries about the program, please contact our program administrator for admissions: