The 2023 Los Angeles Business Journal Health Care Leadership Awards recognized numerous USC healthcare leaders at its annual symposium and awards ceremony on Wednesday, August 23.
USC’s Senior Vice President of Health Affairs Steven D. Shapiro, MD, MHA, received one of the event’s top honors as Health System Executive of the Year.
Five other USC finalists were also honored by the business journal:
- Keck Medical Center of USC, finalist for Top Hospital.
- Joi Torrence-Hill, MHA, chief of operations for USC Norris Cancer Hospital, finalist for Hospital Executive of the Year.
- Inderbir Gill, MD, founding executive director for USC Urology, finalist for Outstanding Health Care Innovator.
- Keck Medicine’s Gender-Affirming Care Program, finalist for Educational/Institutional Program of the Year.
- Keck Medicine of USC and Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital Cancer Program, finalist for Outstanding Collaboration.
The 2023 Los Angeles Business Journal Health Care Leadership Symposium & Awards took place at the Biltmore Los Angeles. A diverse panel of elite health industry insiders preceded the awards to discuss providing care to underserved populations, the biggest challenges the health care system is facing and the overall impact of new protocols in Southern California.