Here is a selection of USC School of Pharmacy faculty members in the news in recent months:
- Research by Clay C.C. Wang, PhD on radiation-resistant space fungi from Chernobyl, conducted in collaboration with scientists from NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, was featured in Sputnik News and Popular Mechanics.
- Dana P. Goldman, PhD, wrote an op-ed in The Conversation on why it is time to make obesity the number-one public health priority. It was republished in the Houston Chronicle, Yahoo! News and other publications.
- Daryl L. Davies, PhD, was featured by USC News for directing the USC STAR program, which encourages Bravo High School students to pursue scientific research.
- James David Adams, PhD, was featured on the cover of Pasadena Weekly for his use of his knowledge of Western medicine and Chumash herbal remedies to help people in pain.
- Geoffrey Joyce, PhD, was quoted by PBS News Hour and the Los Angeles Times on a new proposal that would make California the first state to sell its own prescription drugs.
- William Padula, PhD, co-wrote an op-ed in the Memphis daily newspaper Commercial Appeal with former U.S. Congressman Harold E. Ford Jr., who now serves as chairman of Rx Saver, a pharmacy savings destination.